However, lest we ignore history:
- The 2011 Norway killings of 77 people, many children, and over 200 injured is a different order of magnitude.
- The 2002 Bali bombings killed over 200, mostly international tourists.
- Virginia Tech 2007, 32 dead
- Columbine 1999, 15 dead
- Edmond, Oklahoma 1986 "Going Postal", 15 dead
- Moscow 2002, legitimate Chechen rebels are responsible for killing 129 and 39 of them get killed
- Over 3000 a year are bombed and shot in Pakistan
- September 11th, 2001
Except for the postal incident these are all events that have shaped my life. This is the world we live in. For the most part we are actually pretty sheltered in this country. Nearly 10 per day are bombed and shot in radical militant related violence in Pakistan!
These make me sad. This is our world. It will happen again.
The only possible solution I have, more education and more communication.
How about better Gun Control Laws? Right to bear Arms? What a joke!ReplyDelete