Well, it happened, I turned 25 Monday May 9th. That's kind of a big birthday isn't it? I mean the quarter century, halfway to 50, certainly not a kid anymore even though I feel like I'm still a 14 year old sometimes.
Birthdays are really not great for much except marking the passage of time. It is a celebration that we made it this far, but it is also recognition of time that will not have to do over again. Honestly, I am extremely excited to make it to 25. I mean, I could easily have had a problem and not be healthy in mind and body like I am now. How many people don't make it to 25, or at least don't make it in one piece?
Despite the fact that I spend most of my time bragging on this blog, I'm going over the top today. It is hard not to make lists of what I have done and what I haven't done on such a momentous event such as my 25th birthday.
What I have not done:
- Summitted Mt. Everest or any 8000 meter peak
- Gotten a book published that is in most book stores
- Run sub 30 in the 10k
- Run a marathon (although I'll probably have that one done Sunday)
- Been to a strip club (although I have no intentions of ever going)
- Gone BASE jumping, or skydiving for that matter
- Had a kid, or gotten married for that matter
- Driven a car over 120 mph
- Lived in one state for seven years
- Had a positive net worth since high school
- Run more than 130 miles or 200 miles in one week
- Paid off someone else's loan or loans
- Flown an airplane
There are other things, but then again I don't feel like telling the world all of my personal details. Physically the best 10-15 years of my life are coming up. Mentally I think that I'm on the up and up as well. At least financially I know I'm on the up and up. I make more in a month now than I made in all of 2010. Of course, I hardly made any money in 2010.
Since I am all about the plans, what is the plan for next year? Get my unemployment book published. Hold down a full time job for more than four months, which I have never done before. I have had a part time job for years but not a full time one. Run a whole bunch. Pay off my loans and save money. I'll probably go skydiving at some point this summer.
It's been fun, my life. If it continues to be this awesome (and I think it will be even better) I hope that I don't take it for granted. I hope that I am able to share my success with others.
In the words of Nikki Minaj, "No I'm not lucky, I'm blessed...yes!"
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.