I can't say I'm too surprised. I also think that there is reason to making a first ascent. There are going to be unexpected challenges. The route is not known. So when I go back to a known route it will seem that much easier.
So it is decided: I will make a first ascent somewhere. I would like it to be grade III or longer. Also, I will probably do some research in CO and WY to find a ridge or a face that hasn't been climbed. So this may end up being a four day expedition but it will be a first ascent and not just a route variation. If you know of any places in the mountain time zone in the US where this might be possible let me know.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.