First some analytics. I don’t often talk about the macro viewing trends of my website. Well 2012 experienced only 15% growth in visits over 2011. In the Internet, growth that low could be understood as dying. (Not really, it is a joke, but 15% is far too low to warrant any investment.) However, for reference my just over 20,000 visits was more than double 2010 and almost four times 2009 viewing, years when in my opinion I was experiencing more interesting stuff. So I’ll take my 20,000 visits and 15% growth.
So where would I like to head in terms of website analytics? A nice slow growth as I learn more and share more would be nice. The fear is if my statistics diminish, so will my influence over my online presence.
- Sandyhook Elementary school shooting
- Aurora theatre shooting
- Neil Armstrong died. Is the golden age of exploration for our civilization over?
- Democrats and Republicans seem awfully polarized...
- Is the tipping point for belief in climate change hurricane Sandy or the summer drought or will it be hurricane Olga in 2013? Can we please believe the science and do something about it?
- The US is becoming increasingly stratified with the affluent having incredible wealth yet the poor remaining unemployed.
- The most viewed video, and first over 1 billion views, on YouTube was by a guy from South Korea.
- The middle east is having some trouble understanding who they are or how to stay happy. Specifically conflicted: Syria, Egypt, Israel/Palestine and Iran.
- Europe is very wealthy, but they paid for it with debt.
- The world is not what it used to be.
I'll leave you with an enticement to be an engineer, because we have fun.