In reverse order:
|10/7||Run||Recovery run||11.4 mi||1:31:08||8:00|
|10/7||Run||Recovery run||8.7 mi||1:01:25||7:04|
|10/6||Run||Medium Long Run||16.0 mi||2:02:29||7:40|
|10/6||Run||Recovery run||2.6 mi||22:31||8:40|
|10/5||Run||Recovery run||5.5 mi||45:02||8:12|
|10/5||Run||Recovery run||4.5 mi||38:31||8:34|
|10/5||Run||Recovery run||3.5 mi||29:38||8:28|
|10/4||Run||Recovery run||3.4 mi||27:46||8:10|
|10/3||Run||Recovery run||9.0 mi||1:10:52||7:53|
|10/3||Run||Recovery run||5.2 mi||43:53||8:27|
|10/2||Run||Recovery run||7.0 mi||51:02||7:18|
Some key things that I took away from making this such a successful week in my eyes:
- Sunday I ran 30.5 miles, probably my single best day of training yet and for sure my best long run yet.
- Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday I averaged over 8 minutes per mile pace.
- I had 15 running events (I don't count the strides as separate) which means I tripled on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- In total I ran 24 miles faster than 6:00 pace.
- I ran the two best long runs of my life this week.
- On both long runs I had company for most of each run and on the 20 miler I had my sister bicycling with a gatorade bottle in support. It made a huge difference.
- I slept and ate a whole lot this week.
Some mistakes I made this week:
- I neglected the exercises and core work necessary to be successful and stay injury free. I had a plantar flare up today (Wednesday).
- I pushed hard to get 140 because I wanted that number of miles but the effort I put in on Thursday and Friday, while not fast was a long time and is just now in the middle of the next week hurting me.